Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Le Creuset Pot, an American Tale of Bank Home Foreclosure




So many readers said, 'what a find, how could anyone throw that beautiful pot out.'  I think this little blue pot represents a tragic tale of what has happened in American over the last few years and that is Bank Home Foreclosure.
When I came across the Le Creuset Casserole Dish, it was sitting right on top of all the trash, or I would never have seen it. I couldn't believe it.  I took the top off and there inside was what was left of a chicken cacciatore dinner, not bad at all.



I think the family made their last dinner in their house in their favourite pot before they had to leave.  I think their house was foreclosed on by the bank.


Millions of Americans have lost their homes over the last few years over the whole Home Mortgage Debacle.  Banks lending money to people who they knew would never be able to pay, or if just one thing happened in their life like loosing a job it would be all over for them. The banks couldn't give money away quick enough, greedily getting their commission up front and selling a package of mortgages on.

The banks were given millions of tax payers money, to bail them out, but basically home owners were left to fend for themselves.


This is the tragic tale that I think that little blue pot would tell.


Christy

2 comments:

01 09 10