Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Room Swap

I've had it in mind for a long while to swap the sitting room for the dining room and visa verso. We used to have a round table in the dining room; which we did like and of course made sense in a square room. Then we fell in love with an old set at the thrift and decided to get it. Unfortunately it is an oblong table in a round room, with two extra leaves;which we could never use.

And here I have a very long sitting room; which would easily take a long trestle table. But to do this the boys had to be on board because the table weighs a ton. So yesterday minds were in sink, we got an early start and within one hour it was done.

I had to jettison one item, well set and that is the Chinese table and stools went to the basement, so until next winter, when we will swap it back. Well we have to because of the wood stove.

You might say "why go to all that trouble?" and I'm sure that's what the boys think, but just once I want to see that lovely table set in all it's glory.

So this was the dining room. I love that we can know truly enjoy the blue rose rug, I've always loved it. We are going to add the split hoof arm chair; which we are going to recover the seat. It has a small footprint and will add another seat. We are using the gate leg table, as a breakfast table, that works. Plus my retro rose table, under the chandelier, so nobody bumps their head.


So this is the new dining room. As you can see Tink has already checked it all out. My trestle table without any leaves in. I wish it folded down to a square table, and the leaves slid underneath the top. But that seems to be a European thing, onA merican tables the leaves have to be stored somewhere else, other than being and integral part of the table, it's a shame. And a square table would go nicely in a square room.


Well enough going on and on about the house.

At least I started early enough before all my energy was gone. After which I took Rob to IKEA to pick out a poster frame. But unfortunately they are 1/2" too short and he will not trim his posters as he feels they are, or will become collectors items, so therefore, one was kept to replace a warped poster frame, obviously too cheap and the other one has to go back. So now the search for a larger one. The boy is most particular.

Well that was Saturday. Have a great weekend.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10