Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fruit Cake From a Friend


A friend Rose, who comes from S. Africa, made me this lovely fruit cake. I had said that I love fruitcake but rarely make it.

It's interesting it seems that all my friends from former British Empire countries, ie Jamaica, Tobago, S. Africa all like fruit cake. Americans do not; at least on the whole.

My husband does not like fruitcake, but my son taking after his mum, loves fruitcake. The E-mail card sent out over the holidays from work said "Orange you glad we didn't send you a fruitcake?' I said I like fruitcake.

So I'm enjoying this one.

Christy

3 comments:

  1. I love fruitcake! When we lived in the north of England my husband got used to eating it with Wensleydale cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruitcake but I think Australians must be like Americans in this regard. At our son's wedding in Oz their weedding cake was "mudcake". The grandparents originally from Lincs agreed with me that a slice of good fruit cake would have been preferable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...looks scrummy, I love fruit cake too.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10