Sunday, September 6, 2009

Age 13, Portree, Isle of Skye


This is me the last time I was on the Isle of Skye. I was about thirteen. I'm sitting in a boat on the water's edge in Portree, Isle of Skye. On my lap is my favourite anorak. It was reversible I remember, but I almost always wore it on the side shown. I also have my black leather bag, which I remember my mum and I going to buy at the leather shop in town. I had it for many years.

We stayed on a campsite which had a panoramic view down to Portree. My dad's aunt and uncle were with us, their youngest daughter was just a few years older than me, and we got along well together.


It will be interesting going back over forty years later, seeing what I remember and recording my views, feelings and how I see it now.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10