Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Roses and Red

Seven Sisters, at least I think that's what these roses are called, their glory lasts about one week, but what a week.

The left vase was a gift from my sister when she was visiting, must be nine years ago, and we all went to Niagara Falls. It came from a glass factory on the Canadian side of the falls. I've always loved it.

The vase on the right was Bo's mum's. I think it's what they call depression glass. When I use it I think about her, although I've never met her, and she died when Bo was four.

View of the roses from my dining room window.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to come by sooner but our computer just stopped working again.......sometimes I realy hate those computers!!!!!
    What a gorgious vases.It;s always so nice to have some things with emotional value.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10