Saturday, October 21, 2017

Catch Up

Hi Dear Folk,

Off to work with the dreaded black boot on.



Still enjoying my flower bouquet.  I moved it into my Simla room to enjoy it as I sit there.


My Tup goes through different phases of her preference of where to sit and sleep, this is her most recent finding.  I had left the ironing board sitting out, as one does and had used it to cut out the leather cover for my journal.  She really likes sitting up here, I think she especially likes the smell of the leather.  I hate to disappoint her but it will be coming down soon.




I liked the old file I used for my Cape Ann journal, but have not been able to find anymore like that, so while looking around eBay I came across this.  I'm going to ask Mr. B. to work his magic on it.  It's not that heavy.


Must have been used in Flint, Michigan.  March 1943 during WWII.  I expect their water was better to drink then than it is now see here what happened to the poor people in Flint Michigan.


The Boy working on his car., before his cruise.  Last Sunday he said I'm going on a cruise with the Miata Group, it's a drive out west for an hour and a half, I'm thinking where's he cruising, what body of water is out there, the Susquehanna River?  Then he said we're driving the Dragon's Tail, then I twigged.

Happy weekend,
Christine

3 comments:

  1. I suspect you are right about the water in Flint. Love the handwriting on that journal. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose the boot is better than the plaster casts that were used until a few years ago. Your flowers still look beautiful. I will be interested to see the file when Mr B has worked on it. Haha! I thought cruise=water too. I do feel sorry for the people in Flint. We take safe drinking water for granted until it goes wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a speedy recovery with the foot. Beautiful flowers and the the cat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10