Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Beauport House More Dining Rooms

Hi Dear folk,

I hope I'm not boring you stiff, but this house is amazing.  Now onto more dining rooms.  as I said Henry Sleeper liked to entertain a lot and to surprise his guests with what dining room were they eating in.  I'm not sure I'd want all those dining rooms, but you would be hard put with a decision on which ones not to keep.



In 1929 Country Life Magazine did an article on Beauport, with many water colors painted by William Ranken, here you can see a copy of one of his paintings of this room, on the floor.




This model ship sits on an old Chinese funeral table.  I would imagine they sat the coffin on it.


This dining room I would keep, because of it's commanding view of the bay and being able to slide that window totally out and sit there eating al fresco looking at the water, feeling the breeze on ones face while supping on one's New England Clam Chowder or eating Lobster.

Here is his beloved green in full use.


Christine

1 comment:

  1. Yes I liked that last dining room with the view and the fact the window opens right up.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10