Sunday, October 8, 2017

Beauport - Guest Bedrooms and Bathroom

Hi Dear Folk,

What a week, I walked into the office feeling like I hit the deck running.  I had a weeks work to catch up on, plus contending with walking around in the black boot.  I do now know where all lifts are in the train station.

Back to my Cape Ann trip and the Beauport House.  These are a couple of the guest bedrooms, quite small and cozy.  Notice in the bedroom below to accommodate the fish finials on the bed he did little cutouts in the sloping ceiling.  I think this was the Nelson Bedroom.




This was a  very popular shade of green in the twenties, I can attest to this, as when we sanded down our kitchen window, in our 1920's built house this was the original color painted on them.  I also painted this shade in our first house a terrace row home.  A friend of ours said it reminded him of his families farmhouse in northern Vermont which was painted in this colour.

Green was Henry Sleeper's favouite colour.




These are called butterfly doors and actually led into his bedroom, but could be locked off.


Another popular decorating feature of the 1920's was chinoiserie, Chinese design on the wallpaper.  Here it is again in one of the guest bathrooms.



Hoping your weekend is good.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. I love the wallpaper. I wondered how you were coping with getting to work. Hope it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bath was a real delight and all the stunning wallpaper a joy.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10