Monday, October 9, 2017

Beauport House, Shiver My Timbers, Henry Sleeper's Bedroom

Hi Dear Folk,

I felt like saying "Shiver my timbers" when I walked into this bedroom.  After Henry Sleeper's mother died he moved to this bedroom, it previously had been hers.  It has a commanding view of the water, and as I said before you have the feeling of being in an old galleon and you will see why.


This was a spinet he bought for his mother.



Windows with views across the water.



This is a little area off the bedroom at the back with a commanding, complete view of the bay.





The window between the beds looks out into that little bay view room.



This picture shows part of the bedroom with the little bay view area off the back.

I never feel I could live in some of those grand palatial houses one sees, but this is a house one could truly love.

Christine

1 comment:

  1. I love the views over the bay and the window seat. I could just imagine laying there with a book.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10