Tuesday, October 4, 2016

#17 Kentucky State Quilt Square

Hi Dear Folk,

Kentucky is the farthest I have ever driven westward in the USA, that's not to say that I haven't been out West, as I've been to California, Washington, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico.  It is a dream of mine to drive across the States, maybe take the iconic Route 66

Kentucky is a state of hollows and coal, whisky stills, dulcimers and country music.  Enter a hollow, then that forks off, and then there's another fork, and then there's another fork and before you know it you are totally lost.  So not surprising that some nefarious distilling goes on.  Take my advice do not pull out in front of a coal truck barreling down the mountain.  The people are friendly and the music is wonderful.


Christy

1 comment:

  1. Road trip sounds good as long as I'm not driving! I read a book about some UK nurses who did a road trip all over USA. They got jobs in hospitals along the way to fund it. You've certainly seen a lot of places.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10