Saturday, March 21, 2015

Crochet Car Coat

Patchwork Car Coat


This is from Vanna's Choice, Lion Brand, Pattern # L32204


This is the fun project I want to work on, I wanted colour and this has colour and enough challenge to make it fun but not too much.  My sister and I had a great time talking about this project and she may make her version, although I know it will look totally different to mine, that's what I love about creativity no two people come out with the same finished project, it always has a personal touch, their choice of colour, their vision.

I received all the yarn I ordered and added this to what I found in my local store and a nearby store.  If you remember I had found the Chartreuse, Robin's Egg Blue and Black, thinking I would swap out the Black for the Navy I had ordered, but that is out, now that I have seen the navy and all the other blues, they are so very pretty.

Unfortunately they did not have enough navy yarn needed for the pattern so I thought that I would swap the navy and the teal, depending on what the teal looked like and it is lovely.

The pattern calls for three blues and one green.

I have:

Navy
Teal
Turquoise
Robin's Egg Blue
Chartreuse

So one extra blue the turquoise which was my choice for the lighter blue, until I saw the robins egg blue, are you still with me.  All the blues are so lovely and look great together that I'm wondering should I keep the turquoise and incorporate an extra blue or not?

So I will show you.


Left to right above turquoise, navy blue, teal blue, chartreuse and above robins egg blue.


Above was my original choice.

 Above is my second guess swapping out the turquoise for the robins egg blue.  

As I said I my heart leans towards using all four blues and after a conversation with my sister, referring to what grandma used to say about colours.  You need an uneven amount, so stay with the odd numbers, five colours and not four.  Decided I wanted to keep all four blues and the green, then I have an odd number of colours five, and will be in keeping with what grandma said.

Have a great weekend.

Christy

4 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your finished project and the colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be so much fun to make, good luck.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone made this coat? I am putting it together now and don't understand how the sleeves go in. They are different, right and left and I am confused. Help is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone made this coat? I am putting it together now and don't understand how the sleeves go in. They are different, right and left and I am confused. Help is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10