Friday, November 8, 2013

Collier-Seminole State Park

Collier-Seminole State Park All the reports I read on this park were negative, and we only stayed here because we had to.  After the drive across the Everglades we needed to make camp, but as it turned out, it was the cheapest of all the state parks to stay and and the bathrooms were very clean, I think there were only three people camping in the entire park.  I liked the park, but of course mosquitoes are fierce and that's probably why people don't like it here.




We didn't get to see this area until the morning and then we were ready to get on out for the day, or else we might have spent a little time here in the evening.  You can go kayaking here, but I don't know if I'd fancy it, there are a lot of large alligators in this area especially, right on the edge of the Everglades.  Plus escaped Burmese pythons, I wouldn't fancy meeting one of those.


Christy

1 comment:

  1. No I don't think I'd like to chance meeting alligators or pythons either. Shame because it looks good for kayaking.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10