Monday, November 11, 2013

Air Boat Ride In The Everglades




I wanted Rob to experience an air boat ride on the Everglades and he did enjoy it.  It's not actually in the National Park area, but was in the area of the Everglades owned by the Indians.  As you can see I already have water on my lens, from the fast ride the captain takes you on, just as starters.




These mangrove trees are named by the Indians "Walking Trees" and you can see why.







This is a big old gator called Bucket Head.  He has been relocated here because of causing trouble.  The captain kept moving away from him, he's not to be trusted and they can jump right out of the water.








Christy


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing place. Not sure I'd want to be near old bucket head though! I noticed even the little one had its mouth clamped shut.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10