Thursday, October 20, 2011

As I Was Going To Bambury Faire, I Saw A Bison





Last Saturday a friend invited me to go to the Renaissance Faire with her and two other friends.  I wasn't going to go, as the Pathfinder was booked in for a recall, then Rob says it's not starting and he thinks it needs a new battery.  But Joni persuaded me to go; which I'm glad that she did.

Rob and I were over at Sears bright and early to get the battery checked and yes it did need a new one, so we got that done.  I cancelled the recall appointment and scheduled it for a week day.  The dealership has a shuttle service, so decided to use that to get to work.

I was back by 9:45AM for Joni to pick me up.  It was a lovely sunny day, a little cool and windy, but lovely.

So the drive which is up past Lancaster, PA was country and the leaves, although not at their best, were still lovely.

We got a little lost and this was what we saw.  An American Bison, or as they're commonly known the American Buffalo.


Early American settlers called bison “bufello” due to the similar appearance between the two animals, and the name "buffalo" stuck for the American variety. But it's wrong.

The American bison (Bison bison) lives only in North America, while the two main buffalo species reside in Africa and Asia. A small population of bison relatives called the European bison (Bison bonasus) lives in isolated parts of Poland.

I took my photographs from quite a distance with my little camera, I think they turned out pretty good.

What a majestic animal and a treat to see him.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10