Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Orchid Came Back To Life




My beautiful orchid which a friend bought for me several months ago and was glorious for a while and then seemed to go downhill.  Well I thought let me put it out in the garden near the hedge where there will be some shade.  I watered it regularly and then nature watered it very regularly, drowning it every time.

Well I thought they didn't like too much water, but it seems to have thrived in this environment.  I'm glad I never cut back the main stem, because a new shoot came out of the old stem and then put forth eight, yes eight new buds.

Before the hurricane on Saturday I decided to bring it indoors and that's were I have it now.  But I don't think I'll go back to watering it with one eggcup full a day, it seems to thrive on much more.

I'm enjoying it's glorious over the top beauty.

Christy

P.S.  Orchids always remind me of Geogia O'Kefge

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10