Friday, November 12, 2010

Wild Violets Tea Garden Cafe, Hulmeville, PA

My friend C. by an old horse hitching post.


I love the tall windows.

The high ceilings and weatherboard walls.

C's teatime plate, scone with strawberry jam.

My teatime plate, scone with lemon curd.

Our table.





My friend C and I had a wonderful tea at "Wild Violets Tea Garden Cafe" in Hulmeville.  It was just what we needed to sit chat and have girl talk.  We hadn't got together for a while because of our schedules and distance.

The tearoom is in an old building, with a French style; which also houses a couple of antique shops.

The owner made you feel very welcome and our sandwiches were delicious and fresh, plus we enjoyed our traditional tea scone.  C had Shannon River Tea and I had Fresian.  My tea had a slightly smokey taste and it was a good pot of tea.

Afterwards we visited the antique shops, and I bought something I couldn't resist.  I will show you this another day. 

Christy

4 comments:

  1. It was a lovely time--just looking at my tea plate makes me hungry all over again!

    We girls do need girl time...and that's a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea looks delicious. Wish I was near enough to share one with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the color black is infused in the decor of this darling place. I'm thinking I've got to add more black to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOOK MY GRANDAUGHTER WHO IS 9 AND HER OTHER GRANDMOM. SHE HAD HER OWN LITTLE TEA POT AND SPECIAL SANDWICHES. ALL THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. THE SOUP WAS RICH AND CREAMY. THE SANDWICHES AND CAKES WERE FRESH AND TASTY. WE HAD A GREAT TIME , AND CANT WAIT TO GO BACK. HATS OFF TO DEBBIE AND HER GIRLS. LOVE ELISE

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10