Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Autumn Garden

Male Cardinal


Well next Saturday we fall back one hour in time.  I think it gets changed every year.  My computer at work says it has already happened.  I have never known the time change to be in November.

We've had an Indian Summer, but before that a ton of rain.  It's now cool at night, just around 33f.  So our wood stove is lit every evening.  And we're cooking all sorts of stews and casseroles, they always seem more appropriate in winter.

Christy

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of the cardinal in your garden! Our clocks went back an hour last weekend. It is dark now at 5pm but lighter in the morning so easier to get up. I don't mind the dark evenings as I feel its cosy and restful now I don't have to go out to work at 9pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks stunning. I love the colours and the cardinal too.

    I'm intrigued by your 50 states quilt idea, so I think I am going to have atry at making up the blocks. It certainly should use up some of my fabric stash at any rate.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10