Friday, December 13, 2013

Marie Selby House Itself

Friday yippee!  Although actually I took a PTO day off for the snow and I probably needed a day to feel better.  Snow again this weekend.

Girl friends coming over tomorrow as long as we don't get snowed out.  I'm going to show them how to make the scarfs I've been knitting, you know I've been on a total kick making them.  Fire on, soup, snacks, cheese and wine plus chocolate, sounds good to me.


The gardens immediately around the house.





The tea shop in the gardens.


Rob's self portrait.


My self portrait of us.


A wonderful staircase.  The front door is through the archway and that is where the mirror is.









How lovely that these old homes are preserved, or it would all look like what you can see in the background.


Almost at the end of our Florida vacation.  But I think I've kept you toasty.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place. It would be awful if these old places were all gone. There has been a series on tv about preserving the past which you would have enjoyed. Your girls' day sounds good to me. Shame I am too far away!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10