Saturday, July 31, 2010

"What the German Lady Said!"


I was in Trader Joe's doing a little shopping on the way home from work.  They always have a food sample you can try, water to taste and fresh coffee.  I had just poured a little paper cup of coffee and then poured the milk in when somehow it spilled all over.  So I took few napkins or as we say in Brit, serviettes, and was mopping up.  Some had spilled on the floor and I was bending down there mopping that up.  Yes I know you could call the assistant to do it; which I did to finish it off, but just didn't want to leave it like that.  It must be the house-keeper in me.

In any case as I got up and turned around this older German woman said to me in a very Strong accent.  "You have very nice hair for a woman your age!"  I just said thank-you, that's all that was needed.

My hair was braided and I think I had just coloured it; which I do myself so I must be doing a pretty good job.

I said to my hubby, well I will take that as a compliment, because I know my age and I don't get too many compliments now.  It makes me smile to think about it.  

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10