Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Hi Dear Folk,

Snowed in, guilt free day.  I caught the 4:30PM train out of the city, yippee and it was on time, I only just caught it as my boss at the last minute said you can catch the 4:30PM train if you like and I still had to do the FEDEX package.  I got down there by the skin of my teeth, then we had to sit for five minutes, one of the crew hadn't arrived.  I was happy, home by 5:30PM.

Today The Boy went to work, he said for a few hours and Mr. B. decided to go out shopping, I think it's just an excuse to drive in the snow, you know men.

Before going out, Mr. B. repaired the switch on my gas stove in the sun porch, I couldn't use it, so now I'm happily sitting out here with the fire going, doing a little crochet.

Look at my lovely thrift find.  Mr. B. on Sunday said do you want to pop over to the thrift, a holiday sale on and we did.  I found this lovely knee length J. Jill skirt, I fell in love with the fabric which I think is very sixties both in pattern texture and colour.  Would have been an expensive skirt.



Here is my little crochet, wool from the Isle of Skye I am going to call it my Waternish scarf, Waternish being an area on the Isle of Skye and the colours remind me of water.  It was crocheting up a little too tight, so undid it and started again with a larger crochet hook.



As you can see the snow is really coming down.


This plaque was Mr. B's mum's, I think from the thirties or forties, it reminds me of Wales, when I was cleaning this room last week, I thought it would look nice sitting in front of the stove.  Such a cozy scene.


Did anyone watch "A Stitch In Time" on You Tube?  Such an interesting series of programs.  I wish there were more.

I pulled out the old bill file that I am going to use for my journal, for my trip to Europe.  Have to think of what I want to do with that.

Have a nice cup of coffee in my Heffers of Cambridge mug, Heffers is a book store in Cambridge, quite famous, old and well used in a University town.  I remember years ago getting a biology book there, to help me with my classes at school.  I went to a school heavily in the sciences.  Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Agricultural Science, plus you could have split those off into Zoology and Botany.

It says the following on the mug, I won't write it all -

     argue in archaeology, buzz in biology, chat over coffee, dream in divinity, explore economics,

and so it goes on right down to Z.

Well Mr. B. is back and I have to put the shopping away.

Bye for now,
Christine


2 comments:

  1. I love the skirt, the yarn and the lovely old plaque. yes it does remind me of Wales. I would so love to be snowed in. That is a lot to have on a mug. Typical of Cambridge. Son and his wife are there today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to buy so many clothes from J Jill - before they had stores. Like J Crew, I liked it better before they got "big." Pretty yarn!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10