Monday, March 12, 2018

De-Cluttering and Plans

Hi Dear Folk,

If I was to tell you how many times I have tidied up and painted our basement, it is far too many.  In fact there's been more attention down there than any other room in the house when it comes to painting, I think it's because it is old and slightly damp and it needs a new coat about every three years.

Yesterday we were down there doing yet another sort out in one area, it never got back to where it was after The Boy moved back from college and dumped all his stuff down there and set up his desk down there, and stores his summer Miata tires down there, repairs his bikes down there and builds stereo stuff down there.  You get the idea.  Plans I had are now out the window and Mr. B. said he was not painting the basement one more time, but he did help me clean and sort yesterday, just one quadrant.

We need to have a yard sale this spring, more sorting in basement and the garage.

I have plans for the garden, one being that I want to re-do my vegetable garden.  I am not in love with the breeze blocks surrounding the gardens.  I've been watching too much Big Dreams, Small Gardens, it's on Netflix and I can't wait for the next season to be released. My Idea is to take all my bricks and make it into a meandering narrow path down the one side of my garden, then either side of the path I want to put big pots, will see what I come up with, maybe like the Vietnamese pots I already have.  That's the idea but as we know a garden is a journey I think I read that in Nan's Blog.


I do not want to get rid of the breeze blocks as everything is an asset, so would like to have a go at adding a mosaic on one side and laying them to make a floor for a garden gazebo tent. but that's all in my mind and will see if and how that comes to fruition and whether my knees hold up to the job.

Christine

6 comments:

  1. I had never heard of breeze blocks. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way those breeze blocks are painted. I have one short piece of garden with breeze blocks on one side. I have been hoping they would she in some way and blend in more. Hasn't happened.
    Good luck with your plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cinder blocks!!! How colorful and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it feels good to sort out and declutter. The mosaic idea sounds nice. The trouble with having too many pots I find is the constant watering as they dry out so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is in the air! Itll be so nice to get out in the garden again x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mosaic blocks are gorgeous. Thanks for letting me know your blog so now I can visit when you post. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10