Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Mr. B's Mariners Pie

Hi Dear Folk,

Today started out with me parking the car at the train station and walking in freezing sleet to the train.  It still is raining damp and that bone chilling cold.

The other day I watched Breakfast At Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn and the very day I watched it I looked at my journal on Cats and there was some information about 'Cat" if you remember the movie she never named the cat they were both transients.

Under "Cat Stars"  Orangey was a sensational motion picture and television personality.  A veritable orange 'tiger' which made its cinematic debut in the title rolls of 'Rhubarb' (1952) and won the Patsy Award in 1952 and 1962.  Orangey also appeared in 'Gigot', 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' and in the television series 'Our Miss Brookes.'

Such a coincidence.

Mr. B. made this pie and did better on making it look nice and neat on top than I did.  This is the French pot that I found in someones trash.  I know I've mentioned it before, but it was such a find and with a dinner of chicken cacciatore fresh inside.  It's like the tenants of the house just up and left in a hurry and put everything in the trash.  My gain.  Le Creuset are not cheap.



Christine

5 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and I envy your trash find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you found that in the trash!!!

    If I remember, you are off today (because of the parade) - I just stepped outside and it is lovely!! Still chilly, but the wind has died down and the sun is out. Enjoy the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, first time on your blog...what a delight. I love the dutch oven. I have one and they cook like a dream. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always curious how people find me. If you'd care to share my email is bfdgirl@yahoo.com. Now I will have to go back and read some of your other posts. I also live in PA but on the western side. But my sister used to live in Philly so have traveled to that area. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10