Friday, February 16, 2018

Love Park Philadelphia

Hi Dear Folk,

This is the view from the other side of the building where I work in Philadelphia, taken on the day of the Eagle's Parade, not by me but by a co-worker.  The law firm opened up the office for viewing on our floor.


This is Love Park and they have been working on it for what seems years, but it will be ready for this spring.  See below for the artists impression of how it will look.  As you can see they left the very iconic sixties Welcome Center building, now all done up.  I hope the park area does look like this in spring a shame it wasn't done last summer I could have had lunch out here.

The Welcome Center known as the "flying saucer" was designed by architect Roy Larson as a futuristic celebration of postwar Philadelphia optimism.  The building survives today as one of the best and most intact examples of midcentry modern architecture in Center City Philadelphia and has been determined eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.


It was partly opened over the December Holidays see here.

I feel good that on my day off I got a couple of cleaning jobs ticked of my list, well my mental list, I thought of writing an actual list but it might be too overwhelming.  I cleaned the oven that must be done in winter and also the top.  I had asked Mr. B. to buy me two new drip plates, they are in black enamel, which he did and I put those in and cleaned underneath.

My stove is original to the house so must be at least eighteen years old and still going, which is amazing because every other appliance in the kitchen has been replaced.  Fridge, dishwasher, and microwave.  They are all in almond colour and that is not such a popular colour these days for kitchen appliances.  The GE stove is almond and black.  I'm happy, I'm not one to change things out if it's still working.

Also washed the basement steps and came to realize that the three bottom steps now have a pink blush glow, from when the boy spray painted his bar for the Miata that holds his bike, that was red.  Such is life.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. Quite a crowd, huh? Cracks me up to think of things from the 60's being "historic" - makes me feel rather old - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember going to Love Square in Philadelphia in 2013. It will be wonderful when it's finished for you to have your lunch in. Well done on your tasks accomplished. The old appliances are the best.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10