Thursday, April 7, 2016

Hotter Shoes Made in the UK

Hi Dear Folk,

Well I'm back and all I can say about travel it is not for the faint hearted and I really should have taken up the offer by a young man at Heathrow Airport an employee, who offered to take me on one of those buggies to my Gate, of course I said no I'm alright, yeah! I think my gate was the other side of the Terminal and the furthest extension.  I will not turn down another offer when it comes my way.  And when they say get there three hours ahead of time for an International flight, do so because you will need every minute to get through all the checks.  I arrived at my gate only fifteen minutes before we boarded and I did not even look around the duty free shops.

Well of course you know I always thrift on vacation/holiday but in the UK the shops are called charity shops.  In one I found an almost brand new pair of Hotter Shoes, my sister and her friend said that's great, they are wonderfully comfortable shoes and they have both owned Hotter Shoes, so that was my introduction.

Hotter Shoes are made in the UK quite unique in this day and age see here and I just found out that you can buy them online in the USA and the shipping is only $10.00.  They also have quite a large clearance section so may make use of that.

Take a look and read the article below.

An article about Hotter Shoe Company in the The Telegraph

Christy

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe home. I think air travel is getting worse than ever probably due to all the security now. Yes Hotter shoes are great. I have just downloaded a voucher for 20% off so will try and make time to go to the local retailer as I just cannot buy shoes on line. Good that you got some thrifting in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean and what a wonderful time we had in Amsterdam

      Delete
  2. The Hotter catalogue comes to me in the mail, and I keep meaning to try some of their shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have just ordered their catalogue so look forward to receiving it. Thank you for your comment, have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. And I was all primed to see pictures of strappy, sexy shoes.
    Glad to know that Britain still excels in making quality goods! I'll take an online tour to see what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has bought several pairs over the years and loves them, so will see how these work out and then maybe have a splurge, it's all about being comfortable and just a tad stylish. Thank you for your comment and have a great weekend.

      Delete

01 09 10