Monday, January 14, 2013

Three Friends Happier Times

A dear friend Emmy died the last day of last year.  Saturday afternoon I attended her Memorial Service.

Emmy is on the right, I am on the left and we are here to celebrate the end of chemo treatments for my friend  Candyce in the middle, date 2004.

Candyce's daughters invited friends to an Afternoon Tea we all so enjoyed this.


I was able to pick up and take another friend Joni to the Memorial Service, she has been unable to attend these since her husband died almost two years ago.

Afterwards we relived our youth again, going to the Country Club on Cottman Avenue.

When we were single we used to turn up at one in the morning and our staple order was Cheesecake.  So Joni had the idea to go and eat here, where we started off with open face Reuben sandwich and our usual.  I always used to have cherries on top of my cheesecake.

We chatted, cried and reminisced it was a good healing time spent together.

I don't know what the young waitress thought.

Christy

Job Chapter 14 verses 14 & 15

If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?
All the days of my compulsory service I shall wait.
Until my relief comes.
You will call, and I myself shall answer you.
For the work of your hands you will have a yearning.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your friend. Glad you had some comfort reminiscing. It is all part of the healing process.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10