Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tomatoes I Have Planted

 Black Krim Tomato
 Mortgage Lifter Tomato

 Brandywine Pink Tomato
 Brandywine Red Tomato
This is what I have planted in my garden all of these plants came from my friend Jack.  I have planted all three before, the Mortgage Lifter and Brandywine Pink and Red, but have never planted or ate the Black Krim, don't they look fun to try?

I still have hope for my Large Red Cherry Tomatoes which I do have tiny plants coming up.  I like the Cherry tomatoes as they come on early and are nice and sweet just to pop in your mouth.

 Large Cherry Tomato

So that's just my tomatoes.  The other plants that came up well for me were Spinach Mustard, Cabbage, Kohlrabi, Turnip, Beetroot, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cucumber.  I do have two tiny carrot plants, we'll see what they do.

I have 24 rows of vege planted so far.  I'm going to work out a little grid plan with what I have planted, because although I always mark everything with lolly pop sticks, part way through the summer they all seem to go missing and then I never know what tomato I'm eating, plus some of the other green leaf veg can be confusing and the squash.

I've replanted seeds for Cleome, Zinnias, Dahlias and African Daisy, plus I already had some other flower plants come up although tiny, Snapdragon, Bachelor Button, Morning Glory, Russian Mammoth Sunflower, Sweet William, Gypsophilum and Forget-Me-Not.  I have all these planted in pots and in the garden. 

I'm a week early so hope a frost or severe cold night does not come.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of any of these tomatoes. Its good to have a variety. I have marmand, beefsteak, good old gardeners delight and a tumbler in a basket. Like you gardeners here are anxiously watching the weather as its been unseasonly hot and tempting to have everything out but frosts still possible til end of May. Look forward to photos of all the fruit and flowers later in the year.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10