Friday, March 20, 2009

New Widget My Picks

I added a new widget 'My Picks'. This I will change every one to two months, to keep you up with what's on my book pile, for reading.

I don't know about you, but some books I pick up and never can get into them, and since my time is valuable, I don't slog on if I'm not enjoying them.

Other books are just for browsing, and a little reading, such as O'S Big book of Happiness.

Other books I will get into and just love. These I will write a review on.

Where do my books come from. Well first of all the "What's New" area at our local library. My other source is my friend C, who has introduced me to some wonderful reading over the years.

And sometimes I will buy myself an old book on e-bay, or buy an old discard book at the library. Or my other source is the thrift shop, mostly reference type books from there, such as a recent one I picked up on 'A Pleasure In Words' by Eugene T. Maleska published 1981. Wonderful book on the origins of our English language. I had actually been to many book shops looking for such a book and been totally disappointed.

As Elizabeth Hardwick (1916 - 2007) said -

"The greatest gift is the passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind."

In these times we need a little of that.

Christy



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10