Friday, November 21, 2008

Elsbeth ended her journey and is on time.

Elsbeth was ready on time. C's due date is next week, so Elsbeth has reached the end of her long journey.

Actually I'm glad I set a date as to when I wanted Elsbeth finished by, because, she was a lot of work and a lot of long hours into the wee hours of the morning were spent on her. I think she is worth it though and I love the finished result, and I think C will to and little K.

The fabric I used is vintage from the seventies, I know that because I bought it then and never used it. The lace apron is from my friend J's graduation dress circa 1970 also the pink bow on the back, which is such a soft, soft ribbon. The button is vintage, don't know where that came from but it's lovely. Her boots are an old Harris Tweed skirt. Unfortunately you can't quite see her darling pantaloons, which I edged with lace and then ran a narrow pink ribbon through and tied the ends into a bow, which you can just see peeking below on each leg.




So bye Elsbeth, who will make a little girl happy.
Christy

2 comments:

  1. Elsbeth is just beautiful. I think it will be a treasured keepsake for a little girl.

    You did a wonderful job! Very creative and very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a beautiful job it must have taken forever. I'm doing a simple on for my little girl and the hair alone is taking forever!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10