Friday, February 22, 2019

Peterboro Picnic Basket

Hi Dear Folk,

I split the bouquet into two to make it last a little longer, cut the stems off and replaced the water.


This is a rose coloured vase my sister bought me at Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.  I have always treasured it.


Some roses tend to droop their heads after a few days and these peach colored ones had, so I cut them quite short and put them in my Swedish Viking rose vase, which will prolong their life.  It's a shame the glass insert does not have a hole in the center, I don't know why they didn't put one there.  At least you'd have the option.


Peterboro Basket Co, NH a thrifted find quintessentially American, to be found at every old home town America park picnic.  I love the fact that it has the pie shelf too.  Now Mr. B. and I must take it out for a picnic, and maybe borrow the boy's Miata, take a drive out to Valley Forge Park. I think that would be a pleasant summer afternoon out.




Three vintage thrifted tablecloths.  We were there at the time of their 50% off sale.  I love the designs on these old cloths.



I've seen these old face jugs on the Antiques Roadshow and they go for quite a bit.


I found this set of nine glasses that match the ones I have; which were a wedding present.  I have broken a number of them over the years, so this set will fill that hole.  This is the larger glass that can be used as a water glass or a large wine glass.  I also have the smaller glasses that can be used for wine and the champagne flutes.

You can date things by style, even wine glasses.  New wine glasses now are larger and sleeker.  These definitely have an eighties look.  Not to stay they are still aren't lovely.

Hope you coming weekend is good.  Yesterday was lovely and sunny, today is overcast again.  Meant to be going up to the sixties by Sunday.

Christine

9 comments:

  1. Nice finds! Love the basket and the linens. I have several vintage tablecloths that I use regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cloths were beautiful, such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers and thrift finds are beautiful. Been a lovely spring day here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are beautiful!
    Hope you get to use that picnic basket soon. It's a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great treasures. Love the Peterboro basket. Yep you will have to head out and have a nice picnic day with that sweet basket. Love your vases too. It is a shame that roses do not hold up long. Love the peach color. Happy Friday. Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely treasures! I especially love the colors of the table cloths. And your rose vase is just gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those vintage tablecloths - great design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an old wicker picnic basket from the 1940s. No pie shelf — and i wouldn’t have known that is what it was if it had had one! It does have an upper wicker inset thats quite useful. I love the old table cloths, too. It’s hard to find them without stains. Your flowers are lasting beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful treasures, you have some great items to add to your collections.
    I have the Peterboro baskets, several of them, but sadly not the picnic basket. They were offered on sale on HSC one late night, I bought myself and my daughter a set of four different pieces, and have enjoyed them for well over twenty years.
    Beautiful roses, and lasting so long !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10