Tuesday, February 19, 2019

60th Wedding Anniversary

Hi Dear Folk,

A friend and I are planning a 60th Wedding Anniversary for this dear couple.  Married in Rhodesia as was, in 1959.  Do you know where they had their honeymoon?  I can't think of a more romantic place, Victoria Falls.

Rose's mum made her dress which was a pale lilac and her accessories were lemon yellow, hat shoes and bouquet.  What a lovely couple.

Wilf used to work on the railroad, he's done many jobs in his life time, one working down the gold mines of South Africa.



I love this photo of them both.  They are such an interesting and fun couple to be with.  I am looking forward to the dinner.

Christine

8 comments:

  1. That should be a fun party - enjoy!! Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet picture and they look like a very happy couple. Have fun celebrating.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture, and their story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture. I hope you all have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely photo and lovely memories! It's sad, but I had my honeymoon where I am now living. It was my first plane ride, my first meet-the-in-laws. Hindsight - we probably should have chosen somewhere more romantic lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo! Three cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful couple, she looks so happy and full of joy.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10