Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Drive Out To The Seaside From Our Cottage in Norfolk

Hi Dear Folk,

Well they say that Thursday was the coldest Thanksgiving Holiday in this area for one hundred years.  I had a fun morning going out on a breakfast date with my Boy.  Just Starbucks where I got my fav a chai latte and Rob got a peppermint latte I think and a breakfast sandwich which he said was good, I got a blueberry scone.  But you know when the child grows up and is a young man how precious that time is with them.  We just sat and laughed and chatted and caught up on things.  This pics are over on my Instagram.

Friday I did venture out, but just to Joanne Fabrics to look for some lining material for a crochet bag I'm making and I'm pretty happy with what I found, it's very gregarious.  I also popped up to Clothes Mentor and found a lovely grey Italian flannel skirt, originally from Talbots, which I could never make for the price I paid and a cute pair of earrings.  When I was a teenager I used to make so many of my clothes, and it was cheaper to make them then, but not really anymore, not if you shop thrift shops and I feel I am recycling.

A few pics of the roads we travelled while driving out to the coast in Norfolk.






Christine

5 comments:

  1. How nice to catch up with your son and spend some quality time just chatting together. Beautiful looking church from your visit to Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So green! That always stands out for me. So many great photos. You have wonderful memories of your trip. And more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely ride to the seaside. Yes its good to spend time with our kids when they are grown-up. It's turned cold here too and been grey and dull mostly. It's not cheap now to make clothes and difficult to find the material in this town. Hurrah for charity shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely, seeing this countryside, Christine. Oh, and thanks for coming over to the Gypsy this weekend. Loved your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thursday WAS bitter cold! Nice to have a breakfast date with your son. Precious times.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10