Saturday, November 3, 2018

29th August 2018 Fish and Chips What's Not To Love

 Hi Dear Folk,

Wednesday and Thursday were in the seventies and sunny.  Today is overcast but still fairly warm.  I got my Simla and Kitchen patio cleaned up.  The Simla patio was a bit of a mess because it was were the boys had worked on filling up the hole to stop the water getting into the basement.  Weeding between pavers is no fun, but does look good when it's done.

I've been cleaning windows, rearranging furniture and sorting all week.  Yesterday I was quite energized but today I am tired.  This morning I made sweet potato soup and pureed it.  I think it will be good served with a little cheese and sour cream on top.  Earlier in the week I made banana bread, which I always like.

Finished my Queen Ann Lace scarf made from my Norwegian yarn, and have enough left for wrist warmers.  Also made another chunky Queen Ann Lace scarf for a friend.  I received my bamboo yarn from China unfortunately they packed dark brown instead of the black I wanted, but the hazzle to sort it out is greater than the cost so I'll just try and order some black.

Where else to eat Fish and Chips than at the seaside near the promenade.  Here we are in Cromer and this was rated as a very good place to get them, you can see the queue. We didn't get a seat near the window, but were to busy chatting and eating to matter, we'd already been out all day.


We all got cod, I think my favorite, although I do like haddock and plaice.


BB had a glass of wine and I had a Norfolk Ale, which hit the spot.  Not sure what Trev got.



We walked a little bit along here, but by then the wind was coming up in the evening.



I love the brightness of these pavilions.

Christine

3 comments:

  1. I only had fish and chips once in England. I wish I'd had the serving you did -- it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish and chips, the perfect supper when at the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best chips I ever had were in Arundel in 1992. I, who remembers every French fry/chip I've ever eaten, thought they were exceptional. Wish I were over there.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10