Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jazz Ming Jewelry Show Pics



























I'm a bit behind this was two Saturdays ago.  Helping Cindy with her stall and just enjoying our time together.

Cindy also gave me a little space on her table for my little collection of felt broaches and a few necklaces made eons ago along with some glass pendant pieces, of which I did sell one.

The day before I drove to a Thrift during my lunch break at work, and I came across this little leaded terrarium house, which I thought would be great to use for a display piece for my broaches and I think it worked quite well.

I also typed up little notes about my broaches on my old Hemingway type-writer, yes Ernest used the same model as I have.  I popped the notes in a little Beatrix Potter book, my favourite as a child, 'The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin.'

A couple of my necklaces are draped in the background and also the glass pieces are mine.

It was a little chilly but sunny.

Before I went over to Cindy's stall I made a mad trip to the NSH Yard Sale and although I was not able to attend on Friday, I came up with two things I've looked for, through several sales, a dehydrator and embroidery floss, both of which this time I came up trumps.

It's a shame I did not have the dehydrator for all my grapes, but will have a go with it next year.  Dehydrator $15.00, some gentleman had come along and jacked the price up on me by saying what a good find this was and how expensive they were to buy and the lady at the stall charged me $15.00, and couldn't possibly let it go for less, when I got it home I found the label that said it should have been $10.00, still it was a good buy. Also 250 DMC embroidery floss for $2.50 a bargain.

Just catching up on my weekend postings.

Christy

P.S.  I snuck in a little piece made by a friend to fill my house up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10