Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wills & Kate, a Royal Wedding, April 29th, 2011








How could I not mention the Royal Wedding Wills & Kate.  Yes I did watch it.  I happened to wake up at 5:45 AM EST and just caught the Rolls Royce coming out from under the arches.  So saw the entire event, before I left the house at 7:45 AM to get to the State Hospital Yard sale with Maria.


Her dress was lovely, simple and elegant and as everyone has said reminiscent of Grace Kelly's elegance.  Although I do think Grace Kelly tops them all.  I am so hoping that this will put on end to strapless wedding dresses; which I have never been a fan of.  So much beauty of a wedding dress I think is in the neckline and sleeves.


I was a little disappointed in the bouquet, I think it could have been more spectacular, with such a simple dress.


I got married the same year as Diana, it was the era of frills, bows and lots of lace.  I opted for a beautiful 1940s satin dress, with very little decoration and beautiful simple lines.  I think these classic styles become far less dated and stand the test of time.


I was asked a question about the bridesmaids dresses.  Quite often in Royal Weddings the bridesmaids also wear white.  Usually only one older bridesmaid with the little bridesmaids and page boys.

Well it was still lovely to watch.


Christy


1 comment:

  1. Amazing how people all over world watched it. My son went up to Trafalgar square with his friend and saw on big screen. They did see the carriage briefly at one point but couldn't get close to Buck palace. He bought 2 copies of the official programme for £2 each and wished he bought more as they are now selling on e-bay for £20! I saw bits on tv. I agree with you about strapless dresses.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10