Thursday, January 14, 2010

Guitar Case Saga

Marmalade Rose had a great idea of spending 20 Minutes a day creatively.

So I'm working on this. Creativity is I think a great outlet for the inner soul, it's needed in our hussle and bussle of everyday life.

I started this guitar case a little while ago for my son.
I had no pattern and worked to my own design of putting it together Quilted red fabric for the lining, thin foam in between and upholstery fabric for the outside. I even found old Gibson tape for the handles.

The problem I'm having is stitching the thickness of fabrics together, so have had several thoughts on how to do this. So I've spent my time on serging the edges, in itself problematic. It's rather a love hate relationship with my serger.

It's a work in progress so will keep you updated. Hope it all comes together.




These photos were taken at night, so sorry about the colour. Sitting by my old Husqvarna, which purrs along.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10