Saturday, November 14, 2020

Take Time to Daydream - A Weekend of Daydreaming

 Hi Dear Folk,

How has your week been?

I've been thinking about daydreaming.  It's something one needs to do.  I heard that your mind is actually filing when you daydream, just as at night when you sleep and dream.  One could say the word "daydream" is quite appropriate.

With all that's going on around us in the world, I don't know about you, but I feel my mind is under constant assault.  It's tired of sorting all the clutter of lies and rhetoric.  So I'm giving myself license to just daydream.  A weekend of daydreaming.  Clear the clutter of the mind.

Sit and file the paperwork.  Some will go up in the attic, it means something to me, but not right now, to be reviewed again in a different light.  Maybe it will be kept, maybe at a later point thrown out.  One can't dictate what the mind keeps or throws out, that's the funny thing about the mind.  But maybe a little daydreaming will clear the decks for now.  I like my mind, it just works away in the background, silently sorting.

All the files have keys.  What key is found at what moment, to open what filing cabinet, is again not dictated  to but happens naturally.  One day you hear a sound and it brings back a memory from long ago.  A certain smell, a certain scene, a certain friend.  All these trigger the brain to go routing around and come out with a snippet of memory.  

Give your mind the time.

Have a Weekend of Daydreaming.

Christine

5 comments:

  1. My memories are precious to me. I don't allow myself to dwell on the bad ones but a bit of daydreaming on the happy ones is good. I dug out the recipe for an apple cake which I collected in Ithica at the apple fest and immediately, I felt the rain remembered the little cafe, the good friend (You may remember too) and that led on to all the other things that weekend. It gets rid of the rubbish in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot of posts about feeling under assault or filled with exhausting anxiety. I'm that way too. This is a wonderful way to let go a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think daydreaming is so great. Gives your mind peace and joy. Happy Daydreaming. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to daydream a LOT. Sometimes about times gone past, other times about nothing in particular. I think that's part of the reason I can't stay on task - my mind always seems to be wandering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of daydreaming the weekend away. It was so lovely yesterday to look back over the years as we celebrated our wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10