Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Ants !!!

Hi Dear Folk,

Well it's been a long time.  I'm just going to blame Instagram, fulfiller of the quick fix need.  But maybe I'm in more of a longer contemplative mood today.

I have been waging war with tiny ants in my kitchen.  We are loath to spray but these troop brigades are relentless, their sorties ongoing.  It has made me super vigilant even a crumb of food left anywhere brings out a long trail of workers.  You have to admire them.  Cat food left on the ground for any longer than it takes Tuppy to eat it is an absolute no, no.  They also seem to like water and I will find a number in and out of the kitchen sink.  It's driving me crazy.

We think we've found where they are coming in and obviously we will have to put something down out there, because the war is full on.  Of course maybe it's hypersensitivity during lockdown madness.

"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."  The summer that was, but was not and for some it never will be again.  So I keep that in mind and stay close to home, which is basically pottering around in my garden.

Will one ever need to buy another piece of clothing?   And I'm certainly not bothering to dye my hair, I have not done so since last February.  I'm going to go with the gray trend , well it's certainly easier and who really sees you, except for Zoom Meetings.

I had planned to visit my sister in England, but of course early on I knew that was all off.  In anywise who's going to let anybody out of America when we are 22% of the cases of Covid in the world.  We are now locked in, we can't go out to play, just like the naughty children we are here in the USA.  Unless we change our behavior we're never be let out.

So what keeps you sane and happy?  I do like my garden and my crochet.  Reading a book under my giant oak tree can be quite satisfying.

I think compared to so many in this giant land I am most fortunate and count my blessings, when so many others are not doing well.

Take care, keep safe.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. I might color my hair this week. It's been six months. I usually go six weeks. I'm sane and happy when I can read and paint and walk or watch the lake. And I am so grateful (even though next month I was supposed to be in England, too.) I guess it gives me more time to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same that I don't have the problems many do. Being retired I'm not worrying about losing my job or my home. I like being at home or walking about locally so no hardship there.Simple pleasures are the best. Shopping was really hard but I solved that by going at 8 am when it was quiet. It's getting better now but I still go early most of the time. I sympathise with the ant problem although I don't have that problem now. I do remember years ago in the house before last coming down in the morning and the floor was black with them.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10