Saturday, January 4, 2020

Landis Valley Museum

Hi Dear Folk,

Back in the summer, we had friends visiting from England, who visited Canada and while in North America stopped down to see us.  We all grew up together.  It was nice to spend one of the days visiting Landis Valley Museum, how Pennsylvanians used to live.













The smithey.


Old country store.









An old Pennsylvania kitchen.




A step up for the housewife was getting an iron stove moving up from an open fireplace.


Landis Valley Museum

Christine

5 comments:

  1. What a fascinating place to visit. Great for foreign visitors and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to visit. I love places with all the history. Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sneak peek into the past!! I have been an ardent admirer of anything antique. Imagining how people would have used this and that, consumes most of my time. Thank you dear for the wonderful exhibition of old Pennsylvanian household and I would definitely recommend Landis valley museum to all the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a sneak peek into your life and it looks really nostalgic. I spent my childhood here and it was a great time then. Now pursuing music at a Music Institute Coimbatore. I have just the slightest memory. I love relishing in history and all its nuances it offers. Beautifully captured photographs. I am waiting to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10