Sunday, January 28, 2018

Saturday So

Hi Dear Folk,


The better part of the winter has gone and I've just managed to change to a banner more suited to the season.

Saturday comes and you want to cram in all those things that have rattled around your mind all week, the sun shines and it hasn't been out for a while a walk in the park fits the bill, blow the cobwebs out.





I have been coveting these discarded stone masons cuttings, from the cemetery next door.  I keep thinking could I just pick one up and carry it to the car, or could I bring a little red wagon and tote it out, or just bring Mr. B. to do the job? Is it appropriate to do so, they've been sitting here for years.  Maybe I should go to the police station right at the entrance to the park and ask permission, do I really need permission?

I think a few would look great in my garden.


A Pennsylvania winter in the sun.






Black walnuts galore, it seems that you can boil them up and make ink, probably even a great dye.



There are a number of abandoned houses around the park.  Most were on site residences for the doctors who used to work at the mental hospital.  I expect doctors now live in much larger residences than this.


Ye'll tak' the high road and I'll take the low road
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye


About every seven weeks I get together with a special group of friends, we've all known each other before the Mr's were around.  We used to talk about finding the right Mr. then we talked about our families and now we talk about our aches and pains.

Marianne drives down from the Amish country to get her hair done, my friend Janice is a hair dresser and Joni and I may or may not get our hair done.  I did this week, I got about two inches cut off.

We share some goodies, sometimes some wine and set the world to rights.  Here we are forty years on and I think that is very special.


Christine

2 comments:

  1. You took us on a wonderful tour and the food at the end was a delight. So lovely to meet up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely that you are still getting together with friends after so many years. My bets friend and I have known each other (and been best friends) for 52+ years...though we live apart (me in PA, she in NC), we still gete together at least once a year. Love the pics on your blog - they are so Eastern PA Winter.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10